Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Assignment 3: U C what I C - Drafts

What is this assignment all about?

Visual narrative – Telling a story with just 10 pictures

Objectives:
Understanding and overcoming constrains/ problems of representation
Using various representation techniques to communicate your ideas effectively

Important: Story should

Aristotle’s Poetic
Have a plot
A beginning (hooking the audience)
Middle (drama, building tempo)
An ending (with a twist – requirement for this assignment)

My twist.... took me a long time to think. I had explored by doing research on the internet on short stories with a twist. Most were quite difficult to implement and plus this was a visual story with no words involved! Sit back and let me know if you were expecting that. :P








Process: Place camera on the tripod and set to 10 seconds mode. Took the girl in red shirt 10 frames. Girl in black dress took 6 frames. Using photoshop merge the 2 girls together to form this story.

Do give me your comments how I can improve the story and the twist. Let me know if you don't understand what's going on!

No comments: